Thursday, March 8, 2012

When the Moon Hits Your Eye...


I love pizza. In particular, I love homemade pizza. I love the entire process of making pizza: kneading the dough, letting it rise, picking the perfect combination of ingredients and watching the magic happen! I also love making custom pizzas for whomever my lovely guests are because the beauty of pizza is that it can satisfy even my most picky friends (you know who you are)! So, here is my recipe for a very simple and user-friendly pizza dough because it's time we all started baking from scratch - can I get an amen?

Zoe's Easy Pizza Dough

1 teaspoon Active Dry Or Instant Yeast
4 cups All-purpose Flour
Salt (I don't measure my salt)
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

*This recipe usually makes two decently sized pizzas!

Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. Combine flour and salt in a mixer or food processor. With the mixer running on low speed, drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.
Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it (the longer it's in there, the better!)

And.. voila!! Yummy, homemade pizza!! This is a new favourite of mine with shaved asparagus, parmesan and sea salt! VERY simple and delicious!






No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to see on The Silly Songbird?